We're seeking an experienced people person for a leadership role within the Enterprise Applications function of IS. You will be adept at managing diverse teams and ensuring applications and platforms are supported and operating efficiently in line with business needs therefore; will be able to demonstrate experience in a combination of application development, application management, release management, service delivery, vendor management and; have a solid understanding of governance procedures to implement controls in the areas listed above.
Location - This is a full time post working for AWE in the Reading area.
These roles are graded with the band starting at £55,550 up to c.£70,000.
Offers will be dependant on relevant experience.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year inc bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The Application Support Manager is an essential role in leading our services to be faster, more proactive and forward looking. You will:
- Have an eye for providing best in class services whilst making the most of our tools, enabling our customers to achieve their goals and operate as a function we can all be proud of.
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills; you will manage a support team day-to-day and drive forward change and service improvements aligned to the IT strategy;
- Ensure all system and applications are proactively and efficiently monitored, patched and have appropriate tested recovery procedures;
- Apply a logical and pragmatic approach to tasks and projects to meet business need;
- Work with Business Relationship Managers and Stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of customer requirements and; take a functional consultant approach to develop roadmaps to drive improvements in service/offering and utilisation of the supported applications/platforms;
- Management of vendors and;
- Demonstratable experience of operating within a budget and realising tangible efficiencies.
Experience of working within the follow areas would be beneficial: SharePoint support, DBA support, Data Integrations development and support, PowerBI and Analytics.
There is a real desire and focus on modernisation, automation of routine tasks and you'll be involved from day one on this transformation. Our business is changing to meet new demands and our support capabilities need to keep pace. The successful candidate will be well organised and possess exceptional communication skills being comfortable discussing complex issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across the business.