About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Gloucester as an Oracle DBA Specialist.
You will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with requirements analysis
- Software design
- Database administration
- Software testing
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments
- Operational Support
If successful, you will apply your knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of your duties. You will be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
Demonstrating a proactive and innovative approach you will develop technical solutions to complex customer business/mission problems. It will also be required that you assist with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage your own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met.
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing software solutions for both customer and Lockheed Martin enterprises. The position requires solid knowledge of Agile software development, Oracle Database Administration, and an understanding of the software development lifecycle. Training can be provided to support learning and career development and our senior staff will also be given the opportunity to mentor others in your field. On top of this, we also offer the opportunity to work your hours across a 4 day week.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Required skills and experience:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with Java and Oracle databases.
- Strong OO design skills.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Ability to create innovative software solutions using appropriate frameworks and patterns, with COTS, bespoke or cloud-based technologies.
- Solid understanding of TDD and experience in applying one of the TDD frameworks.
- Experience of software development in a Linux environment.
- A passion for developing high quality software solutions.
- Willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Desired skills and experience:
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.