Fantastic opportunities for Senior Environment Specialists
AWE is looking for Senior Environment Specialists. It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,500 - £65,600 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
AWE is looking for Environmental Specialists who can be the Subject Matter Experts for:
- Chemicals (e.g. REACH)
- Environmental Management Systems
You will be required to:
- Act as the subject matter expert in your discipline.
- Manage the technical development, production and review of documentation in support of the Environmental Management System (EMS), as appropriate, assuring that legislation and other external requirements are incorporated into the company's management arrangements.
- Act as a key point of contact for environmental advice from the business on respective discipline .Derive and analyse environmental company performance metrics. Advise on the production and development of strategies for continuous improvement and actively encourage their implementation.
- Manage and participate in the evaluation of compliance process, including but not limited to inspections, audits and investigations.
- Advise on the production and development of improvement plans and assure their successful implementation.
- Provide support to the 6 monthly ISO 14001 external audit process.
- Provide training and support competence where required
- Provide technical direction and definitive advice to the company in your SME discipline
- Liaise with the ONR, EA and other stakeholders as appropriate for the respective discipline
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in an environmental science or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental management systems including ISO14001.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental legislation, standards and guidance relevant to role (e.g. REACH, Waste legislation etc).
- Experience working in a responsible role within the relevant SME field.