At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman UK Ltd (NGUKL) are seeking a highly motivated Trade Compliance Officer to join our Trade Compliance function based within our Mission Systems business, National Security Solutions (NSS), to support compliance with international trade compliance laws and regulations, including UK, EU and US (ITAR/ EAR). The role will work closely with the UK, EU and US Trade Compliance teams and with business SMEs to enable business success, ensure integrity while achieving regulatory compliance and the protection of national security interests.
The main tasks and responsibilities of this job are as follows:
- Support the NGUKL NSS business in obtaining UK Export Licenses through registration or application; and compliance of the NGUKL UK Export licenses
- Process export, import and UK Customs transactions and associated ITC requirements.
- Assist with maintaining local export and import records for the NGUKL UK exports and imports
- Assist with HMRC and ECJU audits for NGUKL business activities
- Assist with maintaining and updating a database of all UK Export Licences and US Authorisations for the NGUKL business
- Support the tracking of UK licenses and US authorisations usage to ensure continued deliveries by the NGUKL business
- Responsible for positioning and maintaining an internal Trade Compliance information page to support awareness to internal customers
- Support the NGUKL NSS Trade Compliance Manager in the incorporation and integration of the International Trade Compliance (ITC) standards, procedures and any relevant regional or local country ITC corporate topical manuals into the NGUKL operating procedures and daily business practices of employees.
- Assist the NGUKL NSS Trade Compliance Manager in the development and implementation of additional localised Trade Compliance guidance or work instructions as required by NGUKL NSS business activities
- Support the NGUKL NSS Trade Compliance Manager in organising and providing training to all employees, and independently providing training where required
- Escalate for guidance/ instruction, any matter involving interpretation of regional and U.S. laws and regulations governing international trade activities to the NGUKL NSS Trade Compliance Manager.
- Support NGUKL business in due diligence activities, including Denied Party Screening transactions and resolving hits where required
- Support the generating shipping invoices and coordinating movements in/out of the UK with the designated freight forwarders
- Engagement with freight forwarders/ customs brokers to support NGUKL business activities
- Being the main trade compliance focal for certain projects, to include advanced technologies and change programmes, providing advice and assistance to NGUKL employees regarding how to engage the ITC-related processes required to meet the required standards and procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
- To adhere to the terms and conditions laid down in the employee contract or subsequent variations to contract, the NORTHROP GRUMMAN UK LIMITED Staff Handbook and the Health and Safety Policy.
- To follow, and where appropriate improve, the Quality process laid down in the NORTHROP GRUMMAN UK LIMITED Quality System Manuals.
- To adhere to the Company Security Instructions.
To fulfil the requirements of this job, the post-holder must have:
- Experience in interpreting and providing guidance on UK/ EU and US export regulations for goods, technology and software
- Demonstrable experience in the domain of UK export licensing, and UK export/ import customs compliance
- Experience in providing training on UK/ EU and US export, and import laws and regulations
- Will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
- Background in defence & security, space or aerospace industry preferred
- Be able to work flexibly under pressure
- Work independently with moderate guidance as part of a team
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.