At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a Junior Project Controller at Northrop Grumman you will assist Senior Project Controllers and the project team in effectively and proactively controlling multi-million pound projects across the NGSM portfolio.
You will assist in the development, maintenance, and execution of complex project performance baselines by adhering to robust project controls processes and procedures to deliver best value for our customers.
This role is based in our head office in New Malden.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining a cost and schedule performance baseline which includes well defined; scope, assumptions, deliverables, Work Breakdown Structure, Activity ID and integrated critical path schedule that is resource loaded
- Applying Northrop Grumman Earned Value Management System Description
- Working in standard company business systems (Primavera P6 scheduling, COBRA cost management system, IFS –ERP system, etc.).
- Supporting cost related functions including cost estimating, cost control, change management, cost analysis, activity coding control, accruals, invoicing and expense management
- Supporting effective communications and reporting requirements that define the current status of a project in relation to the project performance baseline, reasons for deviation, and assisting with implementation of corrective action plans.
- Supporting the development of an accurate Estimate At Completion
- Seeking continuous improvement and enhancements of current project controls methodologies
- Assisting in proposals and change management reviews
- Reviewing, vetting and incorporating historical data.
- Ensuring that all working documents and data are maintained
- Work closely with other departments to ensure for effective project control
- Be involved in project planning sessions and team meetings
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested
- Demonstrated experience of Project Controls, Planning, Cost Management, or Accounting experience.
- Familiar with EVMS methodologies and project controls software such as Primavera P6 and Deltek COBRA or similar. (training is available)
- Educational degree in Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Sciences preferred
- Basic understanding of Project delivery
- Superior oral and written communication
- Strong numeracy and data analytics skills
- Good eye for detail
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Effective team working as well as the ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Confident, honest, articulate and reliable
- Hardworking and willing to learn
- Clearance requirements: Must hold or be eligible to hold SC clearance.
- Looking for flexibility? Northrop Grumman offer a hybrid working environment; Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.