At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and innovative organisation at the forefront of Cyber engineering within the Defence sector? Northrop Grumman are seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer with experience in the automation of software and integration testing solutions.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you will play a key role in configuring and building automated test solutions for technically challenging and complex business critical systems. Own the creation of test documentation, scenarios and data. Ensuring they are thoroughly tested and fit for purpose through the application of both traditional and cutting edge testing techniques under an Agile way of working which creates a dynamism not usually found outside of start-ups.
Within Northrop Grumman, the ability to innovate within test is key and we have immediate opportunities for Lead Test Automation Engineers who can take the lead role in the testing sphere especially in test automation, is forward thinking and able to work with a multitude of technologies. We would expect you to have the following (whilst we appreciate you may not have knowledge/experience of all the technologies listed below we would expect that you have relevant experience in technologies similar to the ones listed below, or expertise in one and knowledge of others and possess transferable skills to these technologies):
- ISTQB Foundation/Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
- Solid experience of the SDLC, agile methodologies/principles and dev-ops tools and techniques
- Experience of automated integration, system and non-functional testing
- Ability to translate both business and technical requirements into testable scenarios
- Self-motivated and able to coach/mentor/inspire others in test best practice, focused on quality outcomes
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience of test management tools such as Atlassian suite, Test Rail,
- Experience of working with TDD, BDD or similar test frameworks
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration Technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo….
- Experience of functional and non-functional testing
- Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in authoring and reviewing comprehensive test documentation In addition the following skills are highly desirable:
- iSQI Certified Agile Tester (CAT)
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools such as Git, Stash….
- Experience of Government working practices
Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.