AWE is currently recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer to provide due governance and management to meet specifications and acceptance criteria, within the QMS and Project Delivery processes and procedures, whilst organising and managing commissioning activities.
Location - Reading area
Package - £33,850 - c£44,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What you be required to do?
- Manage the interface between AWE and Contractors
- Manage the commissioning of all systems that fall outside contractor's specifications within the project scope
- To stand in for the Commissioning Manager as required
- Organise and lead the Test and Commissioning Panel when requested by the Commissioning Manager
- Prepare the Commissioning Strategy, Commissioning Assessment documents, Programme and Plan
- Write commissioning procedures or manage their content, production and approval commensurate with the appropriate Quality Control Grading
- Manage the commissioning through organisation of meetings, tests, demonstrations, training events, and performance verifications
- Ensure commissioning procedures are followed and signed off with full and accurate records of the test results
What will you need to be considered?
- Hold an appropriate qualification in a relevant engineering discipline; ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent
- An understanding of Design Engineering, Construction and Handover
- Able to organise and execute complex commissioning tests and analyse results
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety
- Good communication skills
- Ability to Chair a Test and Commissioning Panel
- People and process management skills
- Needs a good understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.