At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you a Control Systems Software Engineer? We are seeking an engineer primarily to work within a software team supplying major UK naval programmes/vessels that have significant national strategic importance.
The design, build and implementation of an integrated platform monitoring system, for the command and control of major vessel systems.
The main tasks and responsibilities of this job, whilst reporting to the project Engineering Delivery Manager are as follows:
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC & SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop PLC & SCADA code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Provide input to project meetings and team briefings.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
- Design and integration of PLC & SCADA control systems.
- Siemens Totally Integrated Automation Engineering Environment.
- Siemens S7-1500 programming and integration experience.
- Fieldbus (Profinet/Profibus) communication protocols.
- Industrial communication and networking standards.
- Production of technical documentation.
- SCADA/PLC interfacing and driver configuration.
- Software development Lifecycles, processes and procedures.
- Experience in a PLC software engineering environment.
- Proven experience in PLC control systems design and programming.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering.
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities.
- Clearance requirements: British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only.
- Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.