AWE is seeking an experienced, innovative and dedicated Senior Systems Administrator to join our team to provide desktop, network and server support to an AWE onsite customer. Each day offers a new challenge and learning opportunity.
Location - Reading area
Package - £41,000 - £55,000 subject to skills and experience
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year inc bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
As an experienced Senior Systems Administrator, you would possess a deep and broad knowledge of Microsoft computer platforms, Virtualised Server Infrastructure and configuration and should be able to communicate well in both verbal and written form. You will be working as part of the IT Team and have technical responsibility for key parts of the IT infrastructure. Your role will require hands-on technical experience, the ability to assess the impact of complex regulatory requirements and ensure IT systems are conforming to those regulations.
You will be a key member of the team in a demanding high-tech environment, supporting members of the organisation in both project and operational aspects of the business platforms, delivering highly available systems. You will be challenged to improve the infrastructure in order to facilitate continuous growth within the business. There is also an expectation to play an active role in the on-call team who will support the business out of hours.
- The candidate will need to be free from any medical implants due to EMP.
- Experience in physical configuration of Servers and Network switches in racks to make efficient use of space, power protection, cable and device management, mobility and physical security.
We are looking for the suitable candidate to have but not limited to:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10 and Server 2012/16/19 Installation and Administration.
- In-depth experience of virtualisation technologies including VMware.
- A good working knowledge on a breadth of technologies including Active Directory, PowerShell and proficient knowledge of tools such as SCCM and MDT.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Network Switch knowledge with VLAN and ACR expertise.
- An awareness of other technologies including but not limited to Security Principles, Encryption, Networking and Databases.
- Degree in IS/IT or ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject or relevant experience.
- Be able to create technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework. Technical investigation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting technical problems involving software and operating systems.
- Ability to operate under pressure and influence decisions.
- Be fully conversant with change control precepts and practices.
- Work efficiently with minimal guidance from Senior or Lead administrators.
The ideal applicant must be willing and able to obtain and maintain security clearance.