MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to 48,000. Depending on experienceMBDA prides itself on providing missile weapon systems tailored to meet our customers needs. To do that we are always interested in System Design Engineers to join our teams in Bristol developing integrated system solutions for a variety of naval and land platforms.
As part of the team you will be steering the development of the weapon systems by working to understand the customer needs and context of use and hence devise the most effective solutions by balancing performance, cost and time.
What were looking forWe have opportunities at a variety of levels across a number of projects. So if you feel you have the systems engineering skills we are looking for or have any experience of designing, integrating and certifying complex systems in a land or naval context then get in touch. Any of the following are of interest:
- Ideally degree-qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering, science or maths
- Experience of multiple aspects of the system engineering lifecycle on complex projects
- Ability to apply engineering judgement to systems design and verification activities
- Effective communicator able to adapt style according to audience and influence a range of stakeholders
- Use of a requirements management tool such as DOORS
- Use of SysML or UML
Whats in it for you?
- Youll be working in a customer-focused team striving to deliver world-beating solutions
- Kick-start your career by making a difference and taking advantage of numerous informal/formal learning & development opportunities
- Exposure to the full development lifecycle from initial concept to in-service
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!