MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who wishes to develop their professional and technical skills in Security Engineering.
The Systems Security Architect delivers a security architecture by designing and implementing a range of protective measures for a weapon/missile system, critical in enabling our Customers to have an Assured Capability (AC).
This is achieved by leading complex task packages and liaising with and placing requirements upon multi-disciplinary engineers across the Engineering Directorate.
What were looking for
- Knowledge of through life missile/weapon system design and the ability to understand and manage the trade-space in that design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with multi-disciplinary engineers, technical experts, senior management and technical Customers
- Able to listen, evaluate and resolve management and technical issues in a manner that upholds MBDAs reputation with our Customer
- Strong engineering skills where a background in either systems engineering, electronics design, embedded software or firmware is desirable
- DV cleared or willing and eligible to go through the DV clearance process
Whats in it for you?
- You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of some of MBDAs latest technology and influence how it is exploited in our products as well as be able to influence what is required from these technologies in the future
- You will experience a broader range of engineering tasks than are usually undertaken by a single role holder on a typical project, gaining skills that would otherwise require a secondment or departmental transfer to acquire
- This role will provide a range of demonstrable experiences for those working towards chartered status
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Task package management of activities utilising multi-disciplinary engineers spanning across the Engineering Directorate to design and deliver a comprehensive technical security solution within the budget and timescale set out for the task.
- Managing the trade-space to maximise the effectiveness of through life protective measures without compromising product safety or Customer winning capability.
- Preparing and maintaining a robust security case and working directly with the UK Customer and its technical advisors to agree sufficiency of solutions.
- Undertaking a wide range of systems design and technical leadership tasks, ensuring a coherent design is maintained across the contributing engineering departments (hardware, software, firmware) that can be integrated, tested and qualified to demonstrate the effectiveness of the security solution.
- Liaising with manufacturing and support teams to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the missile/weapon system is maintained through manufacture and in the various through life support scenarios that may be offered to a Customer.
- Ensuring the Need to Know principal is adhered to and sufficient controls are in place to manage the knowledge of the technical implementation, providing direction on the release of information to Suppliers and Customers, where required.
Join a great team!
- The often complex technical challenges in this area mean no solution is too innovative to be considered
- The comparatively small size of the team allows everyones contribution to be recognised and respected
- The team collaborates with a broad range partners on a variety of subjects, often face to face, building a genuine collective team spirit
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!