MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Systems Design Airborne Systems (SDAS) team. As the Platform Integration Lead you will be responsible for leading the delivery of the multiple Integration programmes, product development and managing the SDAS team.
This is an opportunity for someone who is looking to obtain a role that has a balance of technical understanding as well as wider partner management.
It will need a driven individual who can demonstrate a breadth and depth of thought yet also influence across a wide array of partners.
What are we looking for?
Established engineering manager with experience in complex working environments. The PIL will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proactive strategic professional with enthusiasm, positivity and drive
- Proven experience of working in a complex partner environment
- Team leadership skills with the ability to lead/facilitate multi-disciplined teams to deliver
- Knowledge of systems engineering, product design, programme management, air-platform integration, certification
- Knowledge of trials planning and execution
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Whats in it for you?
- The successful applicant will be crucial to the delivery of a key capability to the UK and international air forces.
- Working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, there are opportunities to make a difference in delivering capability to our customers
- Within this role, the candidate will be ideally positioned to forge strong working relationships with a wide range internal and external partners.
The RoleThe Platform Integration Lead (PIL) will be responsible for the technical development and delivery of the weapon integration activity onto the designated aircraft alongside development of specific test equipment utilised within the integration activities.
The PIL will act as the primary technical liaison with Platform Design Organisation, working with multiple partners internally within MBDA and externally across industry, UK MoD and UK airworthiness authorities to ensure the objectives of the integration programme are achieved.
The PIL will also be responsible for development of the specific test equipment used to support the integration programmes, again acting as the primary technical point of contact internally and externally within the MoD community.
The PIL will also be responsible for leading a small team of direct reports and a larger number of indirect reports.
Join a great team!
- The SDAS integration team play a key part in enabling access to defence platforms enabling the use of MBDA products by our armed forces and ensuring the future success of the company. Furthermore, with the ever increasing complexity of the modern weapon system, the ability of MBDA to unlock the true capability of our products for the user against ever an challenging political and economic back drop means that the role of the SDAS team has never been more important.
- You will be joining a motivated and focused project team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key. Additionally, the successful candidate will work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!