Sparkworks E&V Modeller & Data AnalystMBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Sparkworks specialises in development of novel solutions, in particular in the domains of Radio Frequency (RF) Directed Energy Weapons (DEW), Laser DEW and Stealth. Keen interest from across the customer community in all three domains makes this a really interesting and exciting time to join the growing Sparkworks team and be part of delivering innovative world leading solutions for the UK.
This opportunity is to be part of the Sparkworks Effects and Vulnerability (E&V) Team delivering a range of modelling and data analyst tasks, potentially including trial / experiment design and trial attendance. All designed to understand and predict the utility and performance of world leading cutting edge technologies and systems.
Successful applicants would be able to develop models in matlab and willing to learn other tools such as microwave studio CST, FEKO, Python, Unity. A good physics or mathematical grounding would also be beneficial.
The role will be scoped to best match individuals strengths, interests and aspirations; with a focus on modelling and data analysis. The role can include:
- Analysis of complex data sets
- Matlab tool generation
- Machine learning
- Statistical data analysis
- Performance modelling
- Experiment planning & trial attendance
What were looking for
- Physics, Maths or engineering degree qualified
- Prior experience of modelling tools, model development and data analysis
- Prior experience of RF or Lasers is advantageous
- Creativity, problem solving skills, attention to detail and adaptability
- Some understanding of multiphysics tools such as Ansys and/or COMSOL would be advantageous
Whats in it for you?
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to be involved with some truly innovative and world-class systems
- The opportunity to join a passionate team of engineers to deliver across a wide range of subject areas
- Work on projects varying from a few weeks duration to several years with potential for exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects
- Opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within MBDA
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest levels both inside and outside the company
- Having a varied day-job
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will become part of a diverse team of highly motivated scientists and engineers, who want to turn science fiction into reality!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.