Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division is looking for a tech-savvy and personable Applications Engineer to help us drive our business forward by providing 2nd tier support to our customers. In this exciting hands-on position, you will utilize your GNSS+INS expertise to ensure our customers’ success.
While part of a growing Global Core Customer Support team, this position will have a strong focus on supporting Veripos and NovAtel customers in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region and will report into the Regional Core Support Manager. The team collaborates closely with Customers, Sales, Specialists, Engineering and Account Managers.
Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division is a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions for assured positioning on land, sea, and air. We are an industry leader recognized for technical innovation, unsurpassed quality, and industry-leading customer support. Our solutions power intelligent positioning ecosystems in vital industries and safety-of-life applications. We enable the advancement of autonomous technology, where cars, UAVs, industrial vehicles, trains, vessels and more will operate safely, securely, reliably and efficiently thanks to our solutions that provide assured autonomy and positioning.
This position is home based in Europe, may be a great fit if you have a passion for emerging technology, and desire to use your engineering skills to solve real-world challenges and shape the future of the GNSS Industry.
As our Applications Engineer you will be responsible for 2nd tier case management for Hexagon A&P products and services:
- Provide technical support for both pre-sales opportunities and post-sales issues
- Data analysis for support cases when applicable
- Troubleshooting, investigation and issue replication
- Including phone and email support
- Generate and review technical support documentation including Frequently Asked Questions and Applications Notes
- Interface with and provide support for Engineering teams
- Physical investigation/data collection for Engineering
- Review marketing materials
- Perform product testing and verification
- Provide customer demonstrations
- Contribute to root cause analysis
- Support workshop through testing, maintenance and mobilisation preparation of all Hexagon A&P GNSS equipment within the EMEA region
- Participate in on-call rota
- Degree in science, engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience in a technical support role or related industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Key Success Factors:
- High attention to detail and exceedingly organized
- Strong multitasker with keen ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated team player with proven problem-solving skills
- Outgoing and energetic with exceptional people skills
- Work well in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable working individually but knows when to ask for help
- Experience working directly with customers, preferably in the delivery of support or services
- Experience in GNSS and INS systems installation and/or troubleshooting