Role - Utilities Operations Manager - Electrical
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £42,650 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- On call allowance
Supervision and day to day operations of the Electrical Distribution Network Area to which the appointment applies. To maintain a 24/7/365 operational delivery service and to ensure plant services and operations safely meet programme dependent facility requirements. To meet electrical service supplies and demands as may be applicable.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- To direct and manage staff and contractors to upkeep plant and undertake operations safely.
- To be conversant with and ensure that company strategies, policies and management arrangements are communicated and understood.
- For people and plant management to meet legislative requirements (FM & Network)
- For the assessment of on job competence, application of personnel training and management of activities within bounds of competence.
- Prepare, assess, and provide instruction against SSoW, change control, USO documentation and all processes relating to the role.
- As required, liaise with DNO's and suppliers to ensure contractual obligations are met and to maintain stakeholder engagement.
- Provide leadership to team; set and agree annual objectives, communicate business and local messages in an engaging manner, measure and manage performance, oversee employee time and leave management.
- Optimise plant operations and promote energy savings to maximise asset use at minimum overall cost.
- Hold and maintain HV Appointed Person Status.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Fully conversant with High and Low Voltage Network plant.
- Management of operational plant & teams.
- Ability to manage plant failures and deliver under pressure.
- Contractor engagement & supplier delivery.
- Minimum - Technician Based Apprenticeship / ONC with suitable additional experience.
- Additional qualifications specific to the Network area.