An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Health Advisor to join an in-house forward thinking service predominantly based at our state of the art Bolton Manufacturing facility in Bolton.
There will also be the requirement to deliver the OH service across our UK operation including to cover any leave, which will involve travel when necessary. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be available to be onsite for the majority of time with a small amount of home working considered (Max 20%).
The Role requires delivery of a full OH remit:
- Undertaking health screening, travel health, health surveillance and case management
- Delivering presentations and reports at forums and meetings
- Supporting the businesses in delivering the Health & Wellbeing Strategy and Campaigns
- Supporting the business in meeting legislative requirements
- Being an integral part of an OH UK wide team
- Undertaking inter site travel
- Working closely with Human Resources and Safety team colleagues
What’s in it for you?
- Working alongside experienced occupational health practitioners with specialist knowledge
- Working in a manufacturing environment you will gain knowledge of key health concerns and legislation
- On the job training and support
- Learning about our unique business and meeting employees from across the organisation
We have a diverse in-house OH team who demonstrate their passion for the profession, their role and the business
- You will be joining a great team who continue to bring fresh ideas to the business and been part of the new occupational health and wellbeing service
- The team strive for excellence and have contributed to several business awards having recently achieved the Health & Wellbeing Investors In People Award at Gold level
- The team have previously won Occupational Health team of the year (private sector) in the OHW Awards
- The team strive for excellence and have recently contributed to the business Rospa Gold award
What are we looking for?
A multifaceted, proactive, passionate, motivated and hardworking occupational health professional, who is driven to deliver an excellent service, promoting both physical and mental wellbeing, you should be:
- NMC RN part 1, RN part 3 – SCPHN (OH) registered
- Experienced in Occupational Health - pre placement assessments, health surveillance, case management, lifestyle screening, travel health trained, triage and responding to queries
- Able to work effectively, independently and also within a team framework.
- To succeed in the role, you need the ability to multi task, be confident with OH systems and tools, deliver good case management reports, carry out health surveillance activities and prioritise and manage your time efficiently.
- Good written and oral interpersonal and communication skills to work well onsite and remotely.
- Paid overtime, great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, and great site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.
Job title: Occupational Health Advisor, Bolton
MBDA: Level 3
Reports to: Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Will consider permanent or contract.
Competitive salary of up to £47,000 depending on experience
MBDAis an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.