Job Reference: V10109
Location: Chorley/Carr Lane
Closing Date: 03/01/2022
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: NS Operations
Business: Network Services
Technical Service Centre Technician
Reporting to the TSC Lead Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out technical activities within the Technical Service Centre. You will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing and configuring various electronic equipment in line with customer SLA’s whilst adhering to H&S procedures.
- To diagnose, repair and configure complex technical equipment supporting the business
- To load firmware upgrades and configure units based on scope of works
- To solder components and assemble parts
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal/external customers
- Ensuring issues are dealt with and/or escalated appropriately
- Be the point of contact for technical enquiries; where appropriate escalate to Line Manager
- Support problem management; apply root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to avoid repeat incidents
- Be aware of technical developments, modern techniques and test equipment
- Through continuous improvement, identify opportunities to improve service, processes or systems
- Assist with the sourcing, ordering and evaluation of components or spares to support repairs and projects
- Implement and support equipment modifications as required
- To construct specialised test rigs for electronic testing
- Data integrity; ensure accurate records and details are maintained within the department
- Security; help maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the Telent Security Policy to protect individuals, information and Telent`s assets
- Share experiences and ideas with fellow colleagues and superiors
- Carry out any other ancillary tasks, deemed within your capability, as specified by the Line Manager to support service requirements and the wider TSC function
- Ensure good working practices, H&S standards are met, and high standards of housekeeping are maintained at all times
- Contribute to technical investigations to identify and rectify problems with equipment performance
- Attend internal and external meetings and respond to actions as required
Business Operations Skills - Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical role
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Industry recognised qualification in electronics or similar / or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Good IT literacy; ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Understands and contributes zealously to the Network Services strategy
- Builds trusting relationships at all levels by consistently delivering on promises, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and presenting a balanced view
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm to succeed
- Find ways around difficult problems by not giving up
- Maintains performance through stressful changes
- Listens to and acts upon employee, colleague and partners concerns
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.