Job Reference: V11948
Location: WorldWide Field
Closing Date: 23/12/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: NS - Field Operations
Business: Network Services
Telent Vehicle Engineer
Location: Worldwide Field
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No: V11948
- You will be responsible for the maintenance, installation and commissioning of Communication equipment, Mobile Data Terminals and GPS systems for new builds as well as existing fleet.
- You will maintain your tooling, spares and consumables efficiently.
- Manage the movement of assets between maintenance stock and the designated vehicle.
- Point of contact for our customer whilst attending their sites.
- Spares return management
- Support the business in achieving tight SLA's
- Strive to achieve a first-time fix on all cases
- Be H&S aware always
- Adopt safe working practices
- Undertake training as required
- Security conscious
- Work closely with your peers
- Well organized
Business Operations Skills – Experience
- Experienced in Vehicle Installation in a Blue Light Environment desirable
- Familiar with multiple vehicle types from car to HGV
- Able to install in a timely manner to meet the customer expectations
- Installation experience with TETRA and Mobile Data Solutions desirable
- Able to follow and install to provided designs
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- FITAS FCS1362 Accredited
- Good IT skills
- City & Guilds/NVQ in electronics
- IMI Accredited
- Full Driving Licence
- Ability to achieve SC Security Clearance
- Flexible and able to meet the business demands
- Good customer facing skills
- Good timekeeper
- Team player
- Aware of Diversity
- Able to participate in a 24/7 shift on a 1 in 4 basis
- Able to self-manage when required
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.