Job Reference: V11286
Closing Date: 17/12/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Fibre Cities – DL
Business: Infrastructure Services
ivils Operative - Plymouth - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking experienced Civils Operatives to join our expanding team. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre/ cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach, City Fibre and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
Excellent employee benefits: - we are committed to ensuring we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary, and benefits packages
Reporting to and tasked by the Supervisor, you will be employed to complete maintenance digs, clear blockages and pole lead-ins in the highway and footway to support the installation of optical fibre on the Openreach external network
- Set up site in full accordance with NRSWA
- Complete milestone progress reports with supporting photographs
- Ensure all tooling is in good condition and calibrated in date where required
- Complete POWRA (Point of work risk assessments) and maintain visitors’ log
- Excavate, backfill and manage spoil on site
- Complete cold lay re-instatement in line with Section 72 Standards
Business Operations Skills – Experience & Accreditations:
- NRSWA Unit 1-3
- Driving licence
Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.