Job Reference: V11900
Location: Flexible Working Location
Closing Date: 31/12/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Business: Network Services
This is an exciting role for an experienced Solutions Architect who can demonstrate their technical knowledge of products/solutions for Control Room systems, Radio networks, Vehicle systems, Remote Site/Station systems and ESN.
The role will involve creating winning technical solutions to the needs of potential new customers. It will involve close working with Account, Business Development, Product, Bid, Procurement, Project and Service functions within Telent, and also close working relationships with both suppliers and customers.
In creating winning technical solutions to the needs of potential new customers, you will:
- Create and cost solutions in response to specific customer requirements
- Describe the solution details and compliances within the required tender format
- Present the solution to customers
- Develop generic solutions to industry needs and requirements, including the identification and integration of innovative products and services from new/existing technology partners.
- Provide consultancy advice to customers as part of Pre-Sales engagement or in accordance with the agreed scope of work and timescales
Business Operations Skills – Experience
- Excellent track record of successful delivery of complex projects within the Emergency Services, Utilities and Public sector.
- Broad technical knowledge of products/solutions for these sectors, specifically: Control Room systems, Radio networks, Vehicle systems, Remote Site/Station systems and ESN.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Strong and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent financial and commercial awareness.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
- Proven experience of managing complexity and change.
- Realising all the needs of the customer properly and being able to provide them with appropriate and precise solutions.
- Multi-tasking and time management.
- Working Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Technical knowledge of products/solutions for Control Room systems, Radio networks, Vehicle systems, Remote Site/Station systems and ESN.
- Strategic approach to client management.
- Encourages open and honest communication as part of a workplace environment that is proactively focussed on creating project service solutions that facilitate business objectives.
- Builds trusting relationships with customers, suppliers, and colleagues by consistently delivering on promises, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and presenting a balanced view.
- Is innovative and finds ways around difficult problems not giving up.
- Challenges the status quo, drives and supports new processes and directions
- Has a strong eye for detail and quickly reacts to identify and resolve problems
- Sheer passion and dedication towards work.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.