Job Reference: V11863
Location: London & Home Counties
Closing Date: 06/12/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Asset Management
V11863 Maintenance Engineer
Telent Technology Services Limited is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, operation, and maintenance of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector, our expertise, accreditations and knowledge make us a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution. And its not just us saying this; we are consistently named as a Top Supplier across industry expert analyses, including ranking 16th in the Sunday Times 2020 Top Track 250 List of Britain’s leading mid-market private companies.
From the moment you join Telent, you’ll be in good company. Our people may come from different backgrounds, but all share the same drive to succeed and can-do attitude. We give all of the people who work for us the opportunity to continuously develop their skills and knowledge. It makes sense for our business and for you, and we will support your journey towards reaching your full potential through personal development and career progression.
- Be part of a maintenance team maintaining traffic signals, variable message signs, over height vehicle detection and associated ancillary equipment across London. Carrying out both reactive and planned maintenance as well as emergency fault attendance.
- Working in a shift pattern, providing 24/7 contract cover.
- Attend faults on site as required by the contract
- Carry out periodic inspections in line with the contract schedule
- Interrogate equipment controllers of all types and carry out fault analysis
- Carry out risk assessments and work to method statements
- Liaise with customer and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with legislation including NRSWA
- Complete daily work records
- Production of completed test results
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Experience in Traffic Signal or CCTV industry experience preferable
- Awareness of personal safety
- Measurement and testing awareness
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Competent in electrical safety
- Competence in site safety
- Behavioural Requirements:
- Focused on continual improvement
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to self develop
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
Occupational health support
Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.