Job Reference: V10949
Location: London/Pirin Court
Closing Date: 06/12/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Asset Management
Lead Systems Engineer – Control Centre Upgrades / Rail (V10949)
London Pirin Court office + Travel to site + WFH flexibility
37.5 hours per week, PERMANENT
Telent Technology Services are actively looking for a new addition to our Rail and Engineering team. We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to successfully deliver upgrade projects on various London Underground Control Centres.
Telent Technology Services is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the Engineering, Rail and Highways sectors, including London Underground, Transport for London, Network Rail, Highways England and others. we have been delivering intelligent transport solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years.
Lead Systems Engineer role:
Acting as the Lead System Engineer for various London Underground Control Centre upgrades, you will be responsible for undertaking and overlooking all technical aspects and successful delivery of these projects.
This will include managing the production of design packages, ensuring all works are carried out to the meet the LUL standards and assurance processes, acting as consultant for new works whilst working with key stakeholders, Service Engineers and Project Engineers to successfully deliver these projects.
Lead Systems Engineer responsibilities:
- Be the technical interface to the Clients Engineers whilst working with other key Engineering teams.
- Manage and produce deliverable design packages.
- Perform reviews to verify designs are compliant to contracted technical requirements.
- Ensure designs are risk assessed in accordance with CDM obligations.
- Ensure designs are fully integrated with other disciplines.
- Manage and produce test documentation to validate the implemented designs.
- Provide technical support to implementation teams.
- Produce as-built documentation and associated test results.
- Report against programme to relevant Project Manager.
- Drive efficiencies in repeated work scopes through design re-use.
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate Telent incurred re-work costs in all delivery phases.
- Produce resource plans for customers works.
- Interface with internal and external engineering teams to ensure all works are planned and completed on time.
Lead Systems Engineer qualifications / skills required:
Strong experience in Systems design, integration, implementation and testing for following technologies / areas:
- Complex Station / Railway Station Control Systems
- Previous experience of Control Centre Upgrade projects
- Experience or exposure to upgrade projects of ANY Station Communication systems
- Strong understanding of communications between Station Communication Systems to various London Underground stations
- Networks IP / Data Centre upgrades
- Station Management Systems (new / refresh / upgrades)
- Security CCTV Systems (Analogue and/or IP)
- Customer Information Systems and Displays
- Public Address, Voice Alarm and Induction Loops
- Passenger Help Points
- Data Networks
- Degree or HNC in Engineering related subject (desirable)
- CRSE License
- Successful background in Systems Assurance
- Proven experience in delivering a Service Control Centre Communications upgrade project, into a Rail or Metro environment (ideally LUL)
- You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to effectively lead and deliver projects through to completion, including the production of design packages and the implementation of these designs in a safe and controlled manner.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent Technology Services is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one – be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.