Job Reference: V11188
Location: Warwick/Haywood Road
Closing Date: 06/12/2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: Rail Asset Management
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: GB Warwick/Haywood Road - GBWKB
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No.: V11188
Telent Technology Services Limited is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, operation, and maintenance of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector, our expertise, accreditations and knowledge make us a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution. And its not just us saying this; we are consistently named as a Top Supplier across industry expert analyses, including ranking 16th in the Sunday Times 2020 Top Track 250 List of Britain’s leading mid-market private companies.
Day to day operational support, responding to requirements from application development teams, the customer and system management team.
• Perform troubleshooting where required, and lead problem solving effort, liaising with vendors and other third parties when necessary.
• Identify improvements, plan, implement and test to maintain operational reliability
• Establish guidelines and procedures for installation, maintenance and management of the core infrastructure.
• Maintain security integrity to protect systems from unauthorised use, unplanned failure and other potential threats.
• Plan and implement infrastructure product upgrades to avoid technology obsolescence and take advantage of the latest product features and capabilities.
• Maintain the systems security posture to the requirements and advise and implement change as needed.
• Resolve technical queries regarding system architecture, perform complex
troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
• Provide system training and knowledge transfer to operational teams as required.
• Maintain the system documentation including technical architecture, configuration state, product licensing and operational processes and procedures
• Strong previous system administration experience working with appropriate infrastructure systems.
• Working with any of the systems mentioned below: - Microsoft Server and client operating systems, Active Directory, VMware vSphere, SCOM, SCCM, End User, MS SQL, Monitoring Tools, Security, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Updates and Patching, NetApp, McAfee Security products and Dell storage solutions.
• Microsoft and VMware Qualifications in relevant
areas, or equivalent experience
• A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience •
Excellent communication skills for completing documentation and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Desirable: • Up to date Microsoft Qualification in relevant areas
• Strong technical knowledge across all Microsoft and VMware components.
• ITIL Qualification or experience
• Strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
• Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
The Senior Systems Administrator will have the ability and experience to support the following technologies.
• Microsoft Platform;
Domain Controllers including DNS
SCOM / SCCM
Microsoft Server / Client deployments and builds
• VMware Platform o vSphere;
vSphere update manager
• Storage Platform
Cisco C Series
Dell PowerEdge R series Servers
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
ITIL v3 or v4
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion