MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Salary: Up to £48,000 depending on experience
The OpportunityMBDA is already at the forefront of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) implementation in UK Defence. A key element of MBDA Next is End to End Model Based Engineering (E2E MBE). This activity looks to extend MBSE to the full domain of the Modelling activities so to use digital artefacts as a technical means of communication across a diverse set of partners.
This exciting role will be responsible for scoping and delivering MBSE transformation packages, and supporting packages responsible for implementing the company’s ambitions to integrate modelling across engineering.
What are we looking for?
- Recent delivery experience on a project that implements MBSE is highly desirable.
- Understanding of state of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues from concept to disposal on major projects.
- Systems Engineer with up to date knowledge and experience of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis.
- Holistic Systems professional with experience of: architecting in complex environments; engaging with complex partners to elicit and trade needs to deliver value; architecting at different levels of abstraction.
- Ideally with an appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
What’s in it for you?
As a key part of a small, fast-moving critical capability team you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with a variety of projects, functions and key partners at all levels of the business.
- Network with external professional bodies, peer organisations and academia.
- Collaborate and meet with international MBDA teams to share and implement coherent approaches.
- Apply Systems Engineering to holistic Capability problems, contributing towards the direction that Systems Capability is delivered within MBDA UK
Our benefits:*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Key individual responsibilities will include:
- Lead MBDA Next MBSE packages such as ontology, viewpoints, MBSE Tools, Reference Architectures, and Design Domains.
- Contribute to MBDA Next E2E MBE packages such as Systems Analysis, Speciality Engineering, SW model Driven Design, MCAD, ECAD, Model Based User Requirements, Product Line Engineering, Data Continuity and Enterprise Architecture.
- Understand methods, approaches, tools and repository designs to make MBSE guidance accessible and digestible for the engineering population, through use of e.g. SPEM and IBM ELO Methods Composer.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practising projects.
- Delivering SE&DC core activities such as providing education, training and consultancy style support to both key national and international project and business areas.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team of experienced Systems Engineers who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering. They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools.
- The team have real impact on the delivery of critical strategic programmes such as the current Model-Based Engineering enhancement (now E2E MBE) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) programmes.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK)!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!