MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
What’s the opportunity?
You will be part of the Mission Planning & Control department and will lead a small team dedicated to preparation and delivery of training for the Storm Shadow Mission Planning products.
The role is based at our Bristol development facility.
You will report to the Head of Mission Planning Support Services
What will you be doing?
- You will lead a small team designing, developing and delivering training content for domestic and export Customers on Mission Planning products
- You will be conducting Training Needs Analysis on the Mission Planning products.
- You will be designing, developing and evaluating training content in accordance with domestic and export customers’ Systems Approach to Training.
- Provide training support to the different projects and programmes within Mission Planning and Control Solutions.
- Manage the review process of the training material and the final delivery to the customers.
- Support bidding and proposal activities.
- You will be supporting courses run in either the MBDA facility at Filton, or at MOD facilities.
- You will be embedded and working with the Systems Engineering development team; liaising daily with the subject matter experts and developing the material in a manner that is appropriate for our customer’s ability and environment..
- You will be required to establish and demonstrate positive relationships with the Project lead, Customer and User communities, the team in MBDA France, and the Software Engineering team.
What’s great about joining this team?
- The Mission Planning & Control team has an increasing workload supporting both export and domestic customers.
- The current key activities are on Mission Planning and Target Modelling products, and the integration of Storm Shadow Mission Planning to Typhoon.
- We are seeking team members able to work from concept, requirement negotiation and design definition through to certification, training and In Service Support. You will have the opportunity to experience and develop your skills with a range of products and roles within the team.
- A typical development life cycle for the Mission Planning products is 2 years, so this is an opportunity to experience the full product life cycle.
- You will be working with a range of stakeholders within the company (France and UK) and with the Customer and User community
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Proven experience of working with defence contractors, both domestic and export end users, and military customers.
- Technical expertise in conducting and delivering of Training Needs Analysis.
- Expertise in training design and development of DSAT compliant training documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplined teams and dealing with multiple stakeholders and customers.
- You will have a demonstrable ability to prepare PowerPoint material and training support documentation.
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours.
- Appropriate Engineering qualification.
- Currently hold DV security clearance
- Running technical workshops with subject matter experts
- An understanding of the principles of Systems Engineering
- Some engineering experience
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.