MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
MBDA is a world leader in missile and weapon systems and a unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual with specialist skills and knowledge as a Training Instructor to work on MBDAs Air domain missile products but could lend experience and skills to the Land and Naval domain. A working knowledge of the MoD / Engineering Industry instructional techniques would be an advantage but not a requirement, as would the ability to assist in the delivery of field support engineering to the customer
What were looking for
- We are looking for an Engineering Instructor to develop training courses and supporting media such as slide packs, supporting storyboards for Computer Based Training (CBT) and actively help with development of the training package, the associated reports and delivery of MBDA product training to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- An Instructor Qualification, defence or civilian equivalent is desirable coupled with experience of working within a Training Team environment.
- Candidates should have some experience in Training Needs Analysis (TNA) with an awareness of Joint Service Publication (JSP) 822 and the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT).
- Experience and a working knowledge of the Royal Air Force or Air Engineering Industry environment including Air Defence, weapon operator and maintainer training systems is preferable but not essential.
- You will be part of a Customer Support Training Team on challenging programmes and required to provide some base Training Needs Analysis (TNA) or interpret previously delivered TNA and design the training course from it subsequently delivering the instruction of Maintainer theoretical and practical Training Courses on MBDAs Air Launched products.
- Be part of a long term training strategy, bringing the knowledge and experience gained during the training development to the final delivery to the customer. This delivery can be in the UK or Overseas.
- Production of Project Timeline Plans, Course Training Plans and Training Material development reports in support of development and delivery of theoretical and/or practical training to UK and overseas customers.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of training technologies or equipment development whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all Training and Field Support activities, to a high standard.
- You may be required to be involved in Field Support Activities and lead a Contractors Working Party, at the Customers location, in the UK or overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partners interaction, a strong resilience and a good communicator. This exciting role may also require you to step outside of your comfort zone and assist in product training delivery on sea or land based product systems. One of the most challenging and enjoyable aspects of CSS Product training is the diverse and varying amount of products that we support.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas. Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and Export customers local culture, behaviour and requirements in technical queries whilst keeping up to date in relevant technical areas.
- A willingness to undertake Developed Vetting (DV) security clearance.
Whats in it for you?
- This opportunity is an influential and a relatively autonomous job where the successful applicant can create and lead their training vision and make a mark on how MBDAs Air Product training is utilised.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Training and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with many Air Domain and Training communities both domestic and foreign thus offering plenty of variety. Training working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the training methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership.
- Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- The Training department is populated by a variety of passionate, dedicated and technically capable Engineering and Operator Instructors located within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and end user customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set and will be joining at a time where working together and team spirit is fundamental to our success.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!