MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to 46k dependent on experience + bonusDefine and develop Laser Directed Energy Weapons (LDEW) across a breadth of programs spanning all maturity levels. This role supports major customer capability development projects to customer research projects and lower technology readiness level (TRL) internal R&D activities. It also covers development of a multi-national approach to LDEW System Design.
This role is suited to a highly capable systems engineer with experience of weapons system design in Concept, Assessment and Design stages, who is interested in making the future of laser DEW for the UK become a reality!
Exact contents of the role can be tailored to fit your individual strengths and aspirations. Likely responsibilities could cover a selection the following as well as broader activities not listed:
- Definition of future LDEW concepts
- Maturation of LDEW system architectures
- LDEW system design definition
- Leading packages of work & developing relationships with customers & partners
- Testing and data analysis
- Verification and validation
What were looking for
- Demonstrable experience of System Design delivery for a complex project
- Ideally with experience in the use of Rhapsody, DOORs, and the IBM Rational Toolset, including configuration management structures and approaches.
- The ability to work within tight budgets and timescales delivering on commitments.
- Adaptable individual with strong problem solving skills
- Good Degree in an engineering field
- Whilst not essential it would be desirable if applicants had experience of multinational, multidisciplinary working and some understanding of LDEW domain or the challenges associated with development of new and novel capabilities
Whats in it for you?
- Opportunity to influence, design and build the first of it's kind Laser Directed Energy Weapon for the UK
- Interesting and exciting work on some truly innovative and world class technology
- Potential to see projects through their full life cycle from bid to customer delivery
- Frequent opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest levels both inside and outside the company
- Having a varied day-job
- Excellent training and on the job learning in a broad range of relevant subjects
- Potential to move within the team to gain experience of new areas
- Developing new skills through working with specialist areas in MBDA
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be supported by a number of experts in the field as we drive forward the possibilities of LDEW in the UK together.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.