MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a system engineer to join the Platform Integration team of a major project, to support the project in certifying the weapon system for use on platform. You will be part of a team working collaboratively with the customer and being responsible for defining/maintaining verification activities whilst reporting to the Integration Certification and Validation Lead.
The successful candidate will need to have demonstrated an understanding of the processes, tools and partners involved in developing a meaningful proving strategy for meeting requirements and capturing the intent via a Design Verification Plan.
What were looking for
- Motivated engineer with experience of requirements management and/or verification.
- Experience in use of IBM Rational DOORS
- Ideally familiar with SysML / Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact both technically and programmatically with customers, SMEs, equipment teams, senior management and commercial partners
Whats in it for you?
- The opportunity to certify one of our products on a launch platform for domestic customer
- Gain a deeper understanding of platform integration issues for a new weapon system
- Exposure to large multinational project with possibility of travel to France.
- Industry leading training and development, with mobility between roles and programmes actively supported.
- Maintain and develop the project design verification and proving plans for the integration to platform requirements.
- Conduct traceability analysis from specific trials requirements up to weapon system level requirements liaising with the trials team in developing the necessary proving plans.
- Develop acceptance arguments based on evidence collected from test / trials activities and design assessment studies
- Support the Platform Integration Certification and Integration Lead with oversight and delivery of requirements management and compliance activities in support of weapon system qualification and providing updates to the customer.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!