MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
- The main purpose of the role is to provide expertise in defining structural and fatigue test activities in support of product development. You will have the opportunity to plan, manage and deliver assigned project tasks. Hold effective communication regarding structural and fatigue aspects with stakeholders. Technical review of structural test documentation, including reports. Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements. Provide support and guidance (Knowledge Transfer) to less experienced engineers to contribute to their development. Interpret the Design Verification Plan (DVP) with respect to structural requirements, proving guidelines, conformance documentation and test techniques.
What we are looking for;
- Ideally HNC/HND qualified or equivalent
- Practical person with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective at working in teams with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of structural testing, including derivation of test configurations, application of loads using actuators / tensile test machine control systems and data acquisition systems.
- A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
- A less experienced candidate who is able and willing to learn on the job would be considered, starting at a lower level with the opportunity for progression as skills and experience develop
Whats in it for you?
- This is a great opportunity to join a small team of talented engineers. To exploit and develop your existing skills whilst interacting with high technology equipment on a daily basis, working in a challenging environment where no two days are the same. Involvement throughout the product lifecycle provides a unique insight into all aspects of weapons system development where you can make a difference.
- Our team is centered around a good team spirit, personal development and pride in our work
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities
- social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
Structures is an extremely dynamic team, pulling together to face challenges with forward thinking, pro-active attitudes and team spirit. We have a wide range of experience and knowledge within the team giving great opportunities to learn from others. This is a team where personal growth is of the upmost importance and is encouraged to keep the department up to date and relevant within the Testing sector. New and exciting projects are constantly being investigated and input is always greatly received.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!