MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: up to 70,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Opportunity: Software Architect
A fantastic Software Architect opportunity has arisen to join our Software Product Lines and Capability Function in Stevenage or Bristol.
This is a senior Engineering role where you will be able to showcase and develop your technical leadership abilities whilst helping to deliver game changing defence capabilities for our many customers.You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills and share best practice across several projects across different domains within the UK software directorate.
We invite you to apply to join a team with a great balance of new insights and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.
What were looking for
A practicing Software Architect or someone who is looking to take the next big jump in their career as a Software Architect.
- A strong technical leader, comfortable with making important and influentialtechnical decisions
- Able to communicate clearly and precisely at different levels, whether that be to customers and senior leadership or to the development teams
- Proven experience teaching, mentoring, coaching in a technical capacity
- A proponent of the benefits of key software engineering practices like continuous integration and good design
- A capable negotiator, with the ability to articulate and communicate trade-offsbetween various aspects of the Software Architecture
- Knowledge of modern and established software architecture techniques and design patterns.
- An understanding of software specification languages, methods and abstraction layers
- The experience to define and influence the tools, frameworks and technologies to be used in current and future projects
- Strong background with development languages such as C and C++
- Experience with the development of software in both a safety related and security context would be an advantage
Whats in it for you?
- To take ownership for the design of the architecture in complex and critical areaswith a key focus on architectural principles such as modularity and reuse
- We work closely with our colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy, so there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy. We also have a secondment scheme between France and the UK; should this be of interest
- Personal development through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering
- An encouraging working environment enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
Join a great team!
- The Software Product Lines and Capability department are made up of a number of small teams providing key capabilities and technical excellence across our project delivery software departments internationally you will be joining a committed and experienced team of Architects, Technical Experts and SMEs.
- An opportunity to take part in special interest groups and communities of practice to improve the way we develop and deliver software in a variety of subjects.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on:
Twitter - @MBDAcareers
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.