MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: up to £75,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Software Engineering seeks a Specialist in the vital and growing area of Defence Software Security. You will influence the security aspects of our products, test equipment, toolsets and processes across the Software domain. You will collaborate with the definition teams and architects, solving problems and ensuring compliance with relevant standards. You will support the development of our engineers through coaching and mentoring, while developing the business through innovation and advanced development.
An interest in the challenges that face the Cyber Security community is key! You will have demonstrable knowledge and experience with the design, development and integration of complex software solutions – preferably from Defence or other highly regulated environments.
You will advise and influence on technical aspects within the collaborative security community, and also articulate ideas to wider customer, management and technical teams. You will have an interest in novel and emerging technologies, and how these may affect our future solutions.
What we’re looking for
- Previous software security experience, or an interest in cyber security and a willingness to develop in this area;
- Ideally a degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, or a related subject, and be comfortable working with Engineers from other disciplines;
- Experience of working on complex software solutions in, for instance; the Defence, Automotive, Aerospace or Telecoms sectors;
- Experience of developing software (in, for instance, C, C++, Java or Ada) would be beneficial, but not essential;
Please note that the successful applicant will need to be in agreement to achieving the required levels of security clearance with acceptable restrictions or no restrictions (secret level then Developed Vetting)
What’s in it for you?
- You will be part of a team that collectively advises across all of MBDA’s software products, ensuring variety in your role and offering wide experience of complex and technologically advanced projects;
- You will have the satisfaction of “making a difference” in a vital industry;
- You will be part of a wider technical community, with the potential for development into an acknowledged Technical Expert within MBDA.
Join a great team!
We invite you to join a supportive community of technical specialists that advises and influences all of MBDA’s software solutions. Expand your skills and experiences in a vital domain, shaping the products of today and tomorrow, and help to develop your fellow engineers.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.