MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to 55,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Programme Manager (Complex Warheads CofEx)
An opportunity has arisen in MBDA UKs Complex Warhead Centre of Excellence (CW CofEx) for a Programme Manager to lead the winning and delivery of warhead research, design development and manufacturing programmes. The role reports to the Head of CW CofEx.
Engaging with the Business and Programme (B&P) function in projects across the business, the role also interacts with the multi-disciplined CofEx, customers, partners and suppliers across UK & Europe, adopting emerging and establishing new ways of working.
The role is based at MBDA UKs new facility at Bolton, and is focused on acquiring and delivering delegated Design Authority work packages, to time, cost and quality.
What were looking for
- Experience in programme management or other business/technical related areas.
- The ability to work independently whilst also leading and inspiring small teams including within suppliers and other MBDA functions.
- Experience of the following project management toolsets (or equivalent):
- Primavera P6 (schedule), SAP (PS) (cost control), ARM (Risk Management) and 4Cast (Resources).
- Someone with a proactive nature, able to challenge constructively and appropriately, identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Organisational skills are critical for the role to help lead and deliver activities confidently andefficiently.
Whats in it for you?
- You will be working closely with the Business and Performance managers and project controllers, ensuring that projects and work packages conducted within the CW CofEx are delivered on time, cost and quality (OTOCOQ).
- The opportunity to apply, gain experience and as necessary undertake training and development in all aspects of project management.
- An opportunity to establish new ways of working; adopting different methodology from other departments, equipment teams and CofExs.
- Involvement in all stages of the warhead equipment lifecycle from technology and concept studies, through design development and qualification, to manufacture of prototypes and series production.
- A phenomenal opportunity to work with customers, suppliers, partners, SME's and academia. Plus international working with colleagues in UK and France, customers, suppliers and partners across Europe, including Italy and Germany.
Join a great team!
The CW CofEx is an exciting department organised within our Engineering Directorate. Its purpose is to define requirement for, and to research, design, develop and qualify Complex Warheads for MBDA UK and French programmes. The department has over 30 professional scientists and engineers in UK (Stevenage and Bolton) undertaking design, simulation & modelling, trials and supplier management.
The team applies high levels of expertise to develop and apply new and innovative technologies and engineering tools.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.