Role- NDT Quality Engineer
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £32,000- £48,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 11th January 2022
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be required to develop Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods and processes (Radiography or Ultrasonics or Eddy Current) leading to the assurance of Products. Work as part of a Product Engineering cross-functional team to deliver improvement through collaboration.
Successful Candidates will be responsible to:
- Develop NDT Methods and Processes leading to the assurance of products, in a safe, secure, environmentally sustainable way aligning to company values.
- Attend design/technical/task reviews, defect reviews and stakeholder meetings as required to ensure Production Quality is represented.
- Provide technical guidance and customer support to ensure that deliverables and targets are met.
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders across AWE, the UK and our international partners.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs
Whilst not to be considered a check list, it is desirable that the candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- ASNT or PCN Level 1 or 2 relevant qualification in Non-Destructive Testing Methods.
- NVQ / A Level.
- Engineering Degree.