AWE is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Facility Engineer to deliver and lead professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650 - c£65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience) + Allowances
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, including Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What will you be required to do?
- Apply extensive domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of complex and high profile issued tasks from the Asset
- Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility
- Lead and advise engineers within bounds of own specialism in the delivery of innovative solutions to complex engineering problems
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures and follow up on actions
- Inform department or project engineering strategies
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards and advises others how to adhere efficiently
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management
- Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering
Whilst not considered a check list, we would welcome candidates to apply who have some of the following:
- Knowledge of electrical building services (LV/HV, HVAC, lighting, power, lightning protection, ATEX, UPS etc.)
- Previous experience of leading engineering delivery across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting ACOP, and common industry standards
- Experience within the higher hazard / regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, petro-chem, pharma etc. (desirable but not essential)
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent (desirable)
- Minimum qualification L4 NQF (HNC) with suitable additional experience
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.