EMEA Operations Intern
- Interns and Apprentices
- Full time
EMEA Operations Intern
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company—and Forbes has named us one of the Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in America. We fast-track our customers’ digital advantage—and you can fast-track your career by joining us!
At Equinix, we celebrate our differences and are proud of the inclusive, innovative culture at the heart of our success. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that’s at the heart of our core company values.
Opportunities at Equinix
The Equinix Summer Internship Program offers wide-ranging opportunities in within the Finance organization. Spend your time gaining practical work experience and learning from some of the sharpest minds in the industry. Work in a culture that thrives on innovation and delivering results, while building solid relationships with industry leaders, and fellow students from around the country.
The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to shadow the Buildings Operations Center (BOC) team in leveraging data analytics to identify operations performance improvements to assist IBX Operations teams in delivering Equinix sustainability goals.
What you will be doing (Responsibilities/Tasks)
- Meet virtually with industry leading professionals in data analytics and operations performance improvement teams and experience the Equinix DCIM analytics platform
- Complete a virtual walkthrough tour of an Equinix IBX for an introduction to the critical features of Data Center design and operation. In person visits to IBX are encouraged but may not always be possible
- Experience and contribute to the analysis of operational data using the DCIM analytics platform under the mentoring of the data analytics team and put into practice traditional analytics, machine learning analytics and data visualizations to extract insight and deliver recommendations for IBX Operations performance improvements
- Experience and contribute to consultation with IBX Operations engineering personnel for evaluation and implementation of performance improvement recommendations
- Monitor the impact of performance improvement activities through the DCIM platform
- Develop presentation for the recommendation and its sustainability impact delivered
- Working on real-life projects that will add true value and have a big impact on our business
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with other interns across the globe
- Take part of our summer programme with executive speaker series, networking events, shark tank project presentations and much more!
Who you are (Requirements/Qualifications)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university/college, in your penultimate year of your Bachelor’s or Master's degree studies (Machine Learning, Data Analytics, or Engineering degree preferred)
- Passion for sustainability, analytics, and performance improvement
- Available to work full-time between for the duration of the Summer Internship Programme (May to August or June to September 2022)
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, business proficiency in English
- Ability to create accurate reports, deliver presentations, and share information and ideas with others
- Analytically driven and detail-oriented, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (including trending analysis, reporting, etc.) and aptitude to learn new software
- Strong sense of customer focus and a commitment to customer service excellence
- Proven organizational skills with strong multi-tasking and execution ability
- Ability to work in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Desire to thrive at Equinix and change the way the world connects.