WHAT TO EXPECT
In-house development of the embedded control algorithms allows Jaguar Land Rover to maximise the benefits of these technologies and deliver unique, industry leading features. In the Embedded Software Project Lead role, you will play a key part in delivering the EDU and Transmission Shift Strategy system software. You will be manage the control strategy integration and embedded software builds, including runtime performance & ECU resource measures. The role encompasses development tasks such as addressing control system bugs and working to the company's quality procedures throughout.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As an Embedded Software Project Lead, you will be involved in the creation & management of embedded control system build inputs for major builds in the delivery ‘stream’, integrating compatible control system functions and development ‘changes’ together. You will plan and undertake control system builds for prototype and production, tracking builds relative to predecessors and maintain a software delivery plan to visualise the team’s tasks and critical dates.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
As an Embedded Software Project Lead you will Passionate about creating and delivering high quality embedded control systems, be self-motivated, with strong personal management capabilities, and able to work with minimal supervision, engaging a wide range of stakeholders effectively. You will have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, including strong influencing and engagement skills. You will be working to a quality process, with knowledge of DOORS/RTC/JIRA tools, experience of automatic code generation and have a relevant degree or equivalent experience, which is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of embedded control systems development environments & concepts, covering topics such as RTOS, memory, data integrity, runtime analysis and failure modes
* Experience of planning and coordination of suppliers & customers, both internal and external, in delivery of embedded control systems & software
* Experience using Change, Version and Configuration Management Tools
* Strong project management and self-management skills.
* Embedded C Code experience within a Real Time environment
* Automotive Powertrain Control experience
* Knowledge of ASPICE
* Experience leading junior engineers