Role - Quality Manager
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £40,950 - £64,700 (dependent on experience)
Closing date for applicants - 12th January 2022
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be required to Lead the delivery of Quality within the areas they represent. Lead the Quality team in support of development of staff, the expansion of Quality data and improvements in overall Quality performance. Aim to expand the scope, deployment, and diversity of the Quality team they represent.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Planning and managing of Quality resource, within the area they represent and working within an agreed framework.
- Provide specialist expertise in the application and deployment of Quality tools and metrics within their represented area.
- Advises on the application of the Quality Management System and its application within the workplace. Provision of technical review and guidance on training and development requirements of the team.
- Leading subject matter expertise in the fields pertinent to their role within Quality.
- Lead and develop a technical multi-functional team to resolve problems when required by the area they represent.
- Plan and deliver technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development.
- Plan and implement development of tools, techniques and validation methods to ensure Right First Time methodology.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Qualification in a relevant subject and/or a suitable vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) or practical experience in a quality-related role.
- A proven track record of influencing and engaging with senior management.
- A Data Driven approach.
- Establishing, implementing, and maintaining quality management systems, processes, procedures and other supporting documentation.
- Able to demonstrate ability to lead, monitor, and supervise a group of employees to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the organisation.
- Examples of motivational behaviours that inspire teams by creating an environment that promotes positive communication, encourages bonding of team members, and demonstrates flexibility.