About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation.
Today, we have over 2,800 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging... every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
A successful candidate for this role will focus on software delivery for an advanced telecoms data processing solution. You will be responsible for maintaining existing infrastructure, create new environments, and automate tasks. You will work with Software Engineers, System Consultants, Service Delivery Managers across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- System administration and monitoring: Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019) and Linux (CentOS)
- Provide on-site and remote support to our customer base
- Reproduce, investigate and diagnose problems within SLA
- Log, track and update incidents in our issue tracking system
- Contribution to knowledge base/FAQ
- Create and maintain support dashboards and dashboards for customers
- Other duties as determined from time to time by your manager
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Basic knowledge about Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (especially Jenkins)
- Solid understanding of computer networks (configuration and troubleshooting)
- Active Directory configuration
- Experience with administration of Windows Server and Linux
- Basic experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of virtualization (vmWare solutions)
- At least one script language (Bash, PowerShell, or Python)
- Experience with version control system (GIT)
- JIRA and Confluence
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- private medical care
- lunch voucher
- multi-sport card
- social events
- life insurance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.