Are you passionate about working with cutting edge technology and owning the design and engineering on projects delivering solutions that are central to our customer’s missions? Join BAE Systems as a Solution Architect.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence delivers complex projects to international customers around the world. We are currently recruiting for programmes in the UK, Middle East and Asia Pac regions. We deliver complex, world leading capabilities in Cyber Security and require highly skilled, motivated and enthusiastic individuals in a variety of roles across our delivery teams.
You’ll be working with our global teams and be responsible for ensuring that the solution meets its functional and non-functional requirements, and the correct application of relevant technologies, processes and tool chains. You’ll need to define innovative solutions to problems, underpinned by robust delivery and engineering methods.
You’ll enjoy working as part of a team, working with other architects and engineers to get the best out of the team, allowing everyone to contribute the skillsets. You will be an excellent communicator both internally within your project, as well as externally to senior customer stakeholders to facilitate decision making and co-ordinate design activities with related teams. You’ll occasionally get involved in technical detail, self educating from and working with the deep technical experts in the team.
What we're looking for
Extensive solution engineering experience in a high-performance secure environment from requirements and sizing through design and build to acceptance and test. Experience designing solutions where reference designs do not apply and need understanding of how a technology works to adapt it to a specific set of challenging requirements.
You will have experience in the majority of the following:
- Responsible for the solution architecture in the context of an overall system design
- Designs the specific solution to meet the customer requirements (and any derived/internal requirements)
- Document the specific customer design, both to the customer and internally
- Elaborate the requirements for the Engineering teams needed to meet the customer requirements (ie URD to SRD)
- Experience of interacting and presenting to both internal and external stakeholders to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches
- Manages solution scope externally and internally
- Data-intensive systems – acquisition, processing, storage and exploitation, with emphasis on performance as well as functionality
- Awareness and application of security considerations (CIS hardening, security by design)
- Liaison with development teams around requirements, elaboration, integration and testing
- Creating solutions for new opportunities.
Travel overseas may be required from time-to-time to meet with customers and our global Engineering teams.
How we will support you
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, Taste Card and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through through the business
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.