As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will work within the System Design Team of the Evolve to Open (EvO) programme. You will contribute to the specification, design, development, and validation of solutions for EvO and be responsible for the delivery of a robust System Design addressing the particular interests of stakeholders, whilst also describing the specific aspects of the system to inform the Product level design.
If you were already working as a Senior Systems Engineer at General Dynamics Mission Systems, here are four things you would've accomplished today:
- Contributed to the specification, design and development and validation of solutions for EvO
- Liaised with cross-functional teams to develop and regularly deliver working software/solutions
- Managed complex projects while coaching and mentoring others on project management issues
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Working knowledge of SysML
- Practical experience of product and system integration testing
- Tools such as DOORs, PTC Integrity Modeller, IBM Rational Rhapsody, RTC or RQM
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home, with a requirement for occasional travel to our site; or based within our offices in South Wales depending upon your preference.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performing team!