Senior Electronics Engineer
- Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Havant, Hampshire
- Closing date
- 21 Jan 2022
- Electronics, Manufacturing & Production
- Job Type
- Senior & Chartered Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity to join our hardware team.
At Apollo, we make smart devices that keep people safe from fire every second of every day. We are proud of our reputation for being a prominent global manufacturer in the market for high quality fire detection solutions.
You will be working in an innovative team that designs and develops high quality fire detection products for volume production.
What you’ll do
- Designing analogue circuits to fulfil the product requirements.
- Perform WCA, part-stress, DFMEAs, MTBFs, Monte-Carlo Analysis.
- Participate in feasibility studies and helping to define design architectures.
- Coach junior engineers.
What you’ll need
- Degree in electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Significant experience in electronic product design and development.
- Strong analogue circuit, high-volumes, and low power electronics circuit design experience.
- Expertise in modelling and simulating electronic circuits.
- Understanding of quality, reliability, and risk assessments procedures (e.g., six-sigma).
- Good organisation skills and be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Software knowledge (embedded / firmware).
- Knowledge of safety standards (e.g., SIL, ATEX etc)
- Exposure to fire/gas detection, instrumentation or at least some involvement in instrumentation, optics/laser designs.
What’s in it for you
We have a diverse range of benefits including:
- Hybrid working (50% office/50% remote)
- Flexible start and finish times including 1pm finish on a Friday
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee Share Scheme (non-contributory)
- Employee bonus
- Pension – Employer contribution up to 10.5%
- Healthcare incentives
- Opportunities for development
We are happy to talk flexible working
If you are someone who embraces the adventure and wants to demonstrate the entrepreneurial spirit, then we'd love to hear from you
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
We do not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Apollo and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Our purpose is simple; to keep people safe from fire every second of every day.
We specialise in the design and manufacture of high-quality fire detection solutions that protect people from fire in over 100 countries around the world.
Based in Havant, Hampshire, on the UK's south coast, we operate through regional offices in the UK, America, China, Dubai, Germany and India and support our network of partners and distributors on all five continents. We are proud to be part of Halma, a global FTSE 50 group of life-saving technology companies.
We were awarded the Royal Warrant in 2009 in recognition of our high level of personal service to the Household of HM The Queen. We continually strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience for every individual, company and organisation that we work with.
Find out more here https://www.apollo-fire.co.uk/
Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
36 Brookside Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert