General Dynamics Mission Systems has an exciting opening for a technologist with advanced software engineer experience. We’re looking for full-time Software Engineers, with the option for remote and flexible working, and the role comes with a salary of £31,360 to £39,200 p/a.
The software engineer will be joining an Agile Release Team responsible for delivering critical products into a program that includes transforming existing platforms into an open and flexible technology and business architecture.
If you were already in this developer role, here are some of the areas you would have been working in this week:
- Developing software units in C# using Test Driven Development based on modern S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Leading out graphical interface design, development and testing
- Developing component level tests using Behaviour Driven Development frameworks available for .NET
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits such as a compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours – which means every other Friday off. A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company and a flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded with a flexible benefits scheme.
To apply, you will require the following:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent) and experience with C# and Microsoft Visual Studio in a .NET development environment
- A background in software design, code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools, preferably in complex systems
- Experience peer-reviewing source code and software designs and working to a coding standard
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so please discuss with us your preference. Depending on the role, we operate both home and hybrid working (with time split between home and one of our facilities) or you can be based within our offices in Oakdale.
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email email@example.com if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.