WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Feature Systems Engineer to deliver off-road and all-road features. This involves taking them from a very high-level concept to the first implementation. It will be a blend of technical knowledge and metric development, process development and overall project management.
You will be responsible for the definition, development and delivery of harmonised system solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rovers vehicles for the Chassis Attribute Team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* System Functional and Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture
* System Design Specification prepare system requirements specification and develop functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
* System Integration Define system logical and physical architecture, Interface Control Document and a system integration plan
* Verification and Validation - Design and develop system integration tests
* Support cross-functional technical reviews
WHAT YOULL NEED
You will possess a strong understanding of System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis. You will be capable of carrying out a range of analyses and investigations of the customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and their performance targets. You will be required to evaluate multiple system design concepts and maintain integrity between the system and its components to arrive at a harmonised solution.
As a Feature Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of systems within the Chassis Attribute Team across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. You will assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by the Customer and Function Requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
* Requirements Management (RM)
* Strong exposure to Matlab programming language
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design and performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering MBSE and SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
* Experience of work within the Agile framework