Known globally for the development of revolutionary technologies, Abbott Diabetes Care designs, develops and manufactures glucose monitoring systems for use in both home and hospital settings.
At Witney we focus on driving innovation in the manufacture of sophisticated electrodes and biosensors used daily by diabetes patients and healthcare professionals globally. The innovations we have delivered from our centre of excellence in Witney over the last 20 years have had a lasting impact on the quality of life our end-users and their families. We are very excited about the future benefits we can offer those families with some of the innovations we have planned.
You will join the Operations Engineering team, an established and highly collaborative team with a wide range of experience in the critical technologies required to manage and maintain the high volume sensor and strip production systems.
As a System Projects Lead (Senior Systems Engineer), your role will be to bring your experience in complex software systems delivery to a high-volume manufacturing environment. You will lead projects through business critical scoping, requirements management and validation activities in a regulated environment. Being detail orientated, you will take responsibility for negotiation of priority and schedule, escalating on behalf of the team when needed.
To fulfil this senior technical lead role, you should have:
- Formal qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering ideally to degree level (or equivalent).
- Experience in a key delivery role across multiple software development lifecycles in different teams/products.
- Proven systems project delivery experience (ideally focused on using database technology in an engineering environment).
- Excellent communication skills to help you to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability of prioritising requirements in a dynamic environment, and effectively managing stakeholder expectations.
In addition - exposure to, or interest in, these areas would be considered favourably:
- Delivery using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Basic scripting capabilities to support project delivery in a regulated environment.
- Best practice testing methods (e.g. ISTQB trained).
- Source code tracking systems (e.g. SVN, GIT, DevOps).
We have a highly collaborative ethos at Witney, which is supported by a strong network of professional and extra-curricular communities including running, vegetable growing, bee keeping and more!
ADC Witney is committed to growing diverse and inclusive teams. As such, we would be keen to discuss your application if the job description as a whole appeals, even if there are specific areas where you don’t have previous experience or would require training support.
In addition to highly competitive salaries, Abbott offers a very attractive benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme, a share ownership scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, and a flexible benefits scheme which you can tailor to your own requirements.