Role & Purpose
BAE Systems’ DataBridge 6 is a market leading Lawful Intercept (LI) solution for deployment within a CSP’s network. Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are in the spotlight like never before. As terrorists and organised criminals make increasing use of social media and smartphones to facilitate their crimes and activities, the data they generate – which is transported by CSPs – is of huge value to Law Enforcement and National Security Agencies. It now forms a key element in their efforts to monitor threats, detect crimes and investigate and prosecute criminals.
The DataBridge team requires a Software Developer to aid in the design, build, test and deployment of our solution for our customers. This will involve high levels of interaction and coordination with the engineering team and a drive to improve things.
What will you be doing?
- Working within a medium sized multi-disciplinary team in a working environment that covers:
- Customer / project based software development work;
- Rapid proto-typing and development of demonstration systems;
- Technical contribution to bids including estimation;
- Customer support, fault investigation.
What are we looking for?
- A broad technical background: someone who can investigate, design, develop and test software;
- Some candidates may have a pure software background, and others may have studied a technical subject such as maths, physics, engineering, etc. and who can program;
- A highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on, practical manner;
- Excellent team working abilities;
- Quickly learn and apply new technologies;
- Someone who can think on their feet;
- Creative to assist with UX Designs.
- Good level of experience with at least one programming language;
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment;
- Excellent team working abilities including an understanding of other roles in the team and how to help each other.
- Knowledge or experience in the following frameworks: Java Spring, React, Redux;
- Experience of web UI development with a framework (e.g. React);
Understanding of software test approaches, frameworks, tools and test automation techniques; ideally at a range of levels: unit, integration and system test;
Virtualisation: standing up Virtual Machines, networking etc;
- Deployment technologies: Ansible / Docker;
- An understanding of the principles of version control and release management. Ideally with experience of a version control tool such as Git;
- An understanding of Agile practices and frameworks
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.