WHAT TO EXPECT
Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) are a key part of the SO Organisation delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. SVO are a Performance based organisation with a Formula 1 team mind-set that requires the best engineers to strengthen its capabilities.
Lead the definition, development and delivery of electric vehicle powertrain systems for the flagship Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division, creating world-class luxury, performance and capability.
Working closely with the relevant Centres of Competence (CoCs) within SVO and Core Product Engineering, you will be analysing and combining high voltage battery systems and electric drive units to meet challenging vehicle programme attributes and requirements.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for helping to define and implement the future electric propulsion systems for Jaguar Land Rover's halo product.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Delivery of electric vehicle powertrain systems within the Special Vehicle Operations Propulsion department, across the enture range of Jaguar Land Rover SVO vehicle programmes
* Assist, steer and contribute to the generation of propulsion system targets and verification methods that are driven by customer-derived functional requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
* Contribute to the delivery of the propulsion systems onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering dicipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Provide technical support and assistance across the wider operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
* Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
* Demonstrable experience related to the integration of high voltage vehicle systems, including high voltage battery, electric drive units and charging systems.
* Working knowledge of electric vehicle legislation & standards, including UN ECE R100, LV123 & FMVSS 305
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Appreciation of vehicle functional system legislation & standards including ISO 26262
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
* Strong verbal and written communications
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Full driving licence
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
* Willingness to be involved with overseas testing. Note: Typical testing locations in which SCS Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle type & functions under investigation: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE
* Class 3 and 4PG driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent. Area will support internal process