WHAT TO EXPECT
This role will sit in Jaguar Land Rovers highly prized Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) Engineering team. SVO is a key part of the Organisation, delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. SVO are a Performance based organisation with a Formula 1 team mind-set that requires the best engineers to strengthen its capabilities.
This role will focus on the leadership of technical delivery of full battery systems and also supporting the battery team with technical expertise in one or more areas. The technical leader is responsible for leading the cross functional planning, coordination and delivery of all engineering design, verification and launch activities with associated engineering teams.
The role demands strong technical leadership utilising cross functional resource, planning and reporting status and the versatility to deal with changing circumstances both identifying risks and possible solutions to challenging issues.
Clear direction and a systems mentality whilst considering the programme deliverables on quality, cost, weight, function and timing are critical aspects of the role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical leadership and steering for battery projects.
* Delivery of specific battery Design and Release at the right quality, on time and on budget.
* To ensure that the project team are following the Global Sourcing Process and Matched Stakeholder Pairs process.
* To track and report on design release status and ensure that release status is in line with project, manufacturing and purchasing requirements.
* Estimate and negotiate the necessary resource to deliver specific projects.
* To be responsible for budget forecasting including commercial and contractual negotiations with internal and external suppliers.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As the Battery Engineer, you'll need the following:
* Strong technical background with proven knowledge of battery system development and industrialization- ideally within the Automotive Sector legislative requirements
* Excellent knowledge and experience with analysis of cell chemistries for high power performance products
* Excellent knowledge and experience of cell and battery performance mapping and calibration
* Understanding of battery control systems along with their development and delivery
* Understanding of design principles and the application of quality tools within battery engineering environment
* Understanding of battery failure modes and safety considerations
* Knowledge of battery cooling methods and techniques
* Knowledge and experience of delivering to automotive battery system global legislative requirements
* Proven knowledge in the management and application of computer aided design techniques.
* Ability to communicate overall project battery design and release status at all levels within Jaguar Landrover.
* Ability to demonstrate leadership in technical and organizational problem resolution
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Good verbal and written communications
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant experience of battery system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Relevant degree preferred with experience
There is also frequent travel to Gaydon involved.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.