The Jackdaw Agile Development Environment (JADE) system support engineer is required to support the existing services and infrastructure of the JADE development systems in order to ensure the platform can meets the demands of the NSoIT(D) engineering organisation, in both day to day activities and anticipating future capability needs. The role will require the JADE System support engineer to report to the JADE System Manager. The role requires a hands on approach supporting JADE, as well as providing support to the larger NSoIT(D) programme, where JADE based technologies can provide insight into new solutions.
- The JADE System support role principle responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for supporting all aspects of JADE system infrastructure - day to day activities include system monitoring, impexing requests, networking to desks in working areas;
- Updating system support documentation when required to reflect changes to the system;
- Providing subject matter expertise, advice, and guidance to the JADE System Administration team and assisting with installations when required;
- Provide emergency disaster recovery support when required by JADE (out of hours working possible);
- Assist where needed with OpNet rollout – UAD builds, server fitting, network links (to build platforms);
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Experience of producing System Design documentation to a high standard and able to provide constructive feedback on other team members design work as part of the review process;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop operating system;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 server operating systems;
- Extensive experience with Linux Server operating systems, specifically Ubuntu and CentOS/ RedHat;
- Experience and understanding of the VMware technologies stack;
- Detailed understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 networking principles;
- Experience with Cisco networking appliances and use of the IOS operating system;
- Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco Firewall appliances;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas;
- Competency in MS Office Suite and Visio;
- DV level Clearance to allow JADE Administrative access.
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this role, it is desirable that individuals have experience of:
- Experience with Microsoft Server Applications (MSSQL, Exchange, Skype For Business, SharePoint, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit);
- Delivering in Agile and Waterfall project management environments and understanding the complexities of delivering accreditation evidence in these environments.
- Working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally with Defence Digital (formerly ISS) - Knowledge and understanding of defence policy and standards, particularly JSP 440, 604;
- Experience with PowerShell and Bash scripting technologies;
- Information related qualifications, such as:
- Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA),
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
- Audit tooling knowledge (ideally ELK and SolarWinds)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.