The Electrical Reliability Engineer is a critical day based role leading the safe execution of the reliability strategy, driving asset performance and conformance to standards
- To ensure compliance with legal and corporate safety and engineering requirements
- Supervise technical support team, including contractors, ensuring all safety requirements
- (Permit to Work, Risk assessments, method statements) are suitable, sufficient and in compliance.
- Comply with KC (Flint Site) Safety Systems & Processes
- Support the completion and amendment of existing and new Machinery Risk Assessments
- Support maintaining a safe working environment
- Demonstrate the 3 Safety Obligations ensuring everyone goes home in same condition as they arrived
- Identify, record and resolve unsafe conditions using the EtQ system
- Adherence to existing housekeeping standards through 5S
- Adherence to all EHS element requirements
- Adhere and amend the existing maintenance Task Risk Assessments and Associated Work Instructions.
- To comply to Site Based Safety Standard Work Scorecard
- (Past Due ETQ management / Safety planned inspections / Leader Safety Visits / Record 2+ hrs on board and in Proact / Critical Task Monitoring / sMOC ratio management / ETQ training compliance)
- Comply to all KC Quality Systems and Processes
- Collaborate with the Quality function to support and continuously improve the implementation of the standards for line quality performance
- Support the swift resolution of Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) tasks
- Work collaboratively to take decisive action when in “red condition” versus standard
- Ensure all Critical To Quality control points are identified and that all maintenance tasks are registered within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Ensure planned work is completed and recorded as indicated in the CMMS..
- To comply to all KC Hygiene systems and processes
- Support the delivery of the Lowest parts life cycle cost focus and analysis process
- Weekly Maintenance Spend Reporting via SAP
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Maintenance Budget
- Support the delivery of the Slow Moving Inventory process
- Support the Mill Cost Transformation / A3 Target activities
- Utilise the Capital vs Expense process and appropriate for Capital expenditure, and execute whilst controlling costs.
- Support the identified reliability programmes that are embedded within the mills reliability / asset roadmap as documented in the global reliability playbook
- Coach mill teams to adhere to the Reliability processes and standards as documented in the global reliability playbook
- Benchmarks their site against other sites within KC to gather best practice and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement
- Carry out data analysis to identify improvement opportunities.
- Support all site condition monitoring activities including lubrication
- Support the creation and maintenance of (site specific) Reliability related Business Process Documents that meets the business needs.
- Following mill based ideations sessions … Prepare and implement action plans, monitor and track progress, introduction of any necessary corrective actions to ensure success (all in compliance with safety standards and quality requirements)
- Gather asset performance data (e.g. asset utilisation, OEE, remaining useful life). Utilise this data to ensure data based decision making (1 year horizon).
- Support the introduction of new finished products in collaboration with R&E, Quality and Production
- Support the planning, implementation and continuation of other company wide programmes (such as LEAN, OPEX, P2020) that are identified within the mills asset roadmap .
- Ensure technical activities are planned and scheduled, in a way which effectively integrates asset and business requirements to maximise people utilisation and equipment performance.
- Data gathering, analysis and improvement of existing Electrical processes of the individual production lines. This will be with the involvement of the operators in the implementation of all measures
- Ensure clear Standard Work is documented and in place.
- Optimisation of manufacturing processes by analysis of key performance indicators and production data, with subsequent implementation of technical improvements or process changes
- Innovation and Obsolesce Management of Electrical and Control Equipment within an individua's area of responsibility.
- Supervise technical support team, including contractors, ensuring all tasks are completed to the expected level of quality.
- Support the completion and development of the Reliability Dashboard.
- Lead root cause failure analysis and 4 step problem solving
- Support mill teams to adhere to Electrical equipment processes and standards
- Manage capital projects from initial feasibility study to final close out ensuring KPI’s for safety, cost, time & specification are met
- Be an active participant of the operational escalation process.
- Support the delivery of the Adherence To Schedule (ATS) metric
Qualifications / Education / Experience / Skills Required
- Ideally HND (Foundation Degree) qualified and working towards a Electrical Engineering
- Degree, or willing to work towards it
- Experience in a FMCG company supporting the execution the engineering
- A proven track record in delivery to plan with an ability to implement innovative solutions
- Problem solving skills are essential, as is the ability to embrace a team environment and to develop / coach those at all levels within the mill to achieve the overall aims of the business
- Knowledge of Lean principles, quality systems end environmental regulations
- Experience of working with high speed packaging machinery and/or paper manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills at all levels on site.
Specialized or Essential Knowledge Required
- Working knowledge of Electrical equipment in areas of responsibility e.g. PLC, Motors, VSD, Drives, Circuit protection devices, Safety Circuits (PILZ), Sensors/switches, instrumentation etc
- Ability to troubleshoot and modify PLC based control systems inclusive of HMIs.
- Are able, as required, to complete Electrical / Instrumentation PM's with confidence and low frequency of revisits to equipment and manage PM schedules in given areas of responsibility.
- Good working Knowledge and the ability to support the implementation, verification and validation of new electrical equipment and instruments on site
- Good working Knowledge of IR and Ultra Sonic's and Motor Current Analysis and can use this knowledge to create maintenance strategy and for diagnostic purposes
- Capable of reading engineering drawings effectively (Electrical, P&ID, Pneumatic)
- Good working knowledge of engineering Electrical standards e.g. 18th Edition
Health, safety and wellbeing is of paramount importance here at Kimberly-Clark. Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, please therefore note that all interviews are currently only being scheduled via our online video interviewing platforms. This means we can continue to identify and hire great talent in a safe and secure manner.
If you have any questions about this process, please do not hesitate to ask your recruiter.
The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KC is a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign