Role - Quality Engineer
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - Negotiable dependant on experience plus 20% shift allowance
Closing date for applicants - 29th January 22
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
AWE is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to work as part of a Quality team whose aim is to ensure a consistent, fit for purpose, delivery of a defect free product or service in a Science, Engineering and Technology focused function.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Ensure that Quality is represented at all stages of programme, project, trial or production.
- Provide technical guidance and customer support to ensure that deliverables and targets are met.
- Maintenance and enhancement of own skills, knowledge, and capabilities necessary to support both current and future work programmes. Identify areas of continuous improvement to promote and enhance Quality capability.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development
- Attend design/technical/task reviews, defect reviews and stakeholder meetings as required to ensure Quality is represented
- Control of inspection/calibration/reporting and processes, to ensure Quality delivery is maintained
- Engage with relevant stakeholders across AWE, the UK and our international partners.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- HNC or equivalent, in a relative discipline, and/or extensive practical experience
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and related standards (e.g. Health & Safety, Environment, Security)
- Strong inter-personal/negotiation/communication skills
- Ability to carry out report writing and present on findings
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good understanding of configuration and change management techniques
- Understanding of improvement techniques, such as Lean, Six Sigma, RLI, etc
- The ability to Influence and engage with management